Monday 4 March 2013

Fleece Froggy Hat


I finally did a little sewing after months of having my machine covered up. It was to fulfill a promise I made in the fall to my friend, Jen. I told her I'd make her a fleece frog hat. She loves frogs, and she has to stand out to watch her students at recess regardless of the weather, so of course she needed a fleecy froggy hat!


I searched Google and found this great tutorial at Tracy's Treasury. Somehow, my hat turned out a bit puffier than Tracy's, most likely due to my lack of sewing lately - how quickly my skills weaken. I still think the hat is super cute and the puffiness adds even more character.


I had two more requests for this hat while I was sewing it...from my two little ones, of course! So, I'll get some more practice to sharpen my sewing skills again.

6 comments:

  1. That is definitely one cute hat! And I think frogs are a bit puffy aren't they, so actually your version is more authentic... rrribbit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cute froggy hat will keep Jen snuggly and warm while she's out on playground duty. I bet the kids she's in charge of will be jealous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute.....I like the puffiness.......No wonder Evie and Canaan want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute! I love the eyes. I made a hat very similar to that for my boys for Halloween!

    http://kendascrafts.blogspot.com/2012/10/ribbitribbithalloween-2012.html

    Great minds think alike! lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I am it surprised E & C wanted one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...