If you follow along, you have probably seen the recent post about my homemade cloth diaper cake that was part of my friend's baby shower decor. This is a closer look at one part of the cake: the muslin cloth rose. I'm going to show how you can make your own muslin rose, which is a beautiful addition to a diaper cake. You could also arrange a few of these into a muslin rose bouquet or to top a wrapped gift.
There are only two things you need to make your own muslin cloth rose:
1. Baby Muslin Cloth (like these)
I obviously used baby muslins but you could also use any type of thin, soft, flexible fabric if you do not intend for them to be used by a mom-to-be.
1. Lay out the cloth and fold it in approximate thirds.
2-4. Again fold muslin in thirds, creating a long, narrow folded piece.
5-6: Roll from one side until you have about a third of the length remaining unrolled.
7. Pick up the roll and fold top edge down toward you at an angle (diagonal).
8-9. Continue to bring the unrolled length around, holding it in place as you carefully bring it around.
10. Your unrolled length will eventually end up back at the diagonal from number 7.
11. Tuck the amount of remaining length into the space under the folded diagonal. This will hold the rose together.
12. Admire your cloth rose.
Tie a ribbon around the rose to hold it securely in place.
Here is a look at the muslin rose I used to top the cloth diaper cake...
I'm linking up to some of these fabulous parties.