Wednesday 25 April 2012

3KCBWDAY3 - Knitting and Crochet Hero

My knitting and crochet hero :: My Mom
This one is so easy for me. The only person that I could ever consider as my knitting and crochet hero is my mom. She is the one who taught me how to crochet when I was about 8 years old. I remember spending hours fingering chains long enough to stretch across the living room. I gave up crochet for a long period of time, but when I picked it up again 6 years ago, my mom was right there to answer any questions I had and fix my mistakes.

One of my dearest memories is the day my mom, my sister, and I spent at a cafe, drinking coffee and learning to knit one, pearl one.


 Besides learning the how-to's from my mom, she has taught me so much more from her love of stitching, sewing, and crafting. Her creations are so full of talent, but even more full of love. 


She has been told for years, "You should sell your stuff." But she never has. The beautiful things she makes have only ever been true gifts of love.


 Even if she was trying to sell, she'd end up just giving her creations away and feel even more full of joy and satisfaction. She's given things she's made, her time to teach others, and most of all her love.

To sum it up, my mom is my hero because of all the things she's taught me about creating, caring, and giving selflessly.

Thanks Mom! ...don't cry ;-)


*You can check out many of my mom's creations on her blog Jerry and Kay*


**All crocheted and knit items on this post were created by my mom, Kay (except my green hat, which she helped me learn to knit)**




***To view more blogs participating in the 3rd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, search Google for the tag 3KCBWDAY3***

4 comments:

  1. This is really lovely :) Your lucky mum to have a daughter like you!
    By the way - I love your green hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    I was so surprised by this post. Had just told Liz about the cute Peep in the dump truck full of yarn and was getting the page url to send to her and Elecia via facebook so expected to see that post.
    Yes....I did cry but more than than want to thank you for all your lovely and kind words. They mean so much to me.
    I am very lucky to have you as a daughter.
    Lots of love and hugs and kisses,
    Mom PS...put page with tulips on it on facebook also!!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how this is meant to be. What a warm and lovely entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I wish I could knit with my mom more often. Glad you get to enjoy knitting with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...