Sunday 9 September 2012

DIY Chalkboard Party Favors

She'd talked about having a fairy party since last October, so she got one! Therefore, the next few posts (and a previous one) will be all about my little girl's 4th birthday party. I'll be sharing all about the party she dreamed of for (almost) the last year. First off - DIY chalkboard party favors. 

I wanted to make my own party favors and have them be something more than candy and the usual party bag fillers. I got inspired when I was at Michael's over the summer (totally distracted from the original reason I stepped into the store) and decided to make chalkboard party favors. Each child received one chalkboard, a bag of chalk, and a color your own puzzle as their gift. More than one parent told me their children spent up to half an hour with their new goodies at home after the party!


These chalkboard party favors were so easy and quick to make. Here's how what I used and how 
I did it:

Cardboard Shapes (butterfly, star, flower)
Adhesive Chalkboard Roll
Felt in various colors
Scissors & Glue



1. Trace your shape onto the back of the chalkboard roll, adding about 1/2 to 1 inch. Cut it out.
2. Peel the paper off of the adhesive chalkboard. Lay the chalkboard on a flat surface with the sticky side facing up. Carefully place the cardboard shape onto the adhesive chalkboard.
3. Fold the edges of the adhesive chalkboard up and over onto the backside of the shape.


4. Admire your lovely chalkboard shape.
5. Using your cardboard shape as a pattern, cut out the same shapes from a variety of colored felt.
6. Glue the felt to the back of the chalkboard and let dry. 


 Just add a few pieces of chalk in a decorative bag and you've got your own colorful, easy to make chalkboard party favors for your guests to take home with them!


If you make them for yourself, I'd love for you to share them in my flickr group.



I've linked up to these fabulous parties!

4 comments:

  1. That is so creative! I'm linking to you on my blog :)
    I never even knew you could buy chalkboard in a roll like that. I'll have to keep an eye out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo stinking adorable! What a clever idea for a favor!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party and for following!
    I am your newest follower~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! My little guy's 3rd birthday is in January. We're planning to do a Mickey Mouse theme, and it would be so much fun to have Mickey Mouse shaped chalkboards! I think I'll try to make some. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea for a party! Kids would love these and their reusable. How fun! I'm thinking maybe a Halloween inspired one where the kids can draw different faces on the pumpkins.

    I wanted to invite you to share your idea at my blog, Confetti Diaries, link party this week. I think this would be great inspiration to my readers, especially those looking for creative favor ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    http://confettidiaries.com/2012/09/wednesdays-goody-bag-link-party-2/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...