Sunday 29 January 2012

Old Pants New Pants

I have to admit that it sounds a little strange to write pants as the heading to this post after just looking at loads of UK mom blogs. However, since the focus of this post is on some pants made from a US pattern called Kid Pants from Made, I'm going to leave it. 


The story of these pants begins probably close to 15 years ago when my husband (who I didn't know yet) bought a pair of black corduroy cargos. He loved them and they remained one of his favourites when we met about 10 years ago, and even still when we got married 8 years ago. 


They lasted through the birth of two children and then slowly began to fall apart. Because they were so loved, they were repaired now and again through the years until the repairs were no longer possible. But, there was still plenty of useful fabric in them!  


So, I used the above mentioned pattern and turned the old favourite's into my little boy's newest favourites pair of cords. Finished last night!


I added a lining from my old pair of lounge pants and cuffed the hem because I was too impatient to check the length in the morning. Now I can fold them up as high as I need and they'll also last a little longer because, of course, the cuffed hem was too long.




1 comment:

  1. That's really cute and a great way to reuse old clothes! Love the cuff idea because they grow like weeds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...