Hmmm...what should we do with all this kale from our organic veg box?
Or make Kale Chips! How do we do that??
1. Wash & Dry Kale
2. Spread & Sprinkle Kale
(spray olive oil on sheet and on kale, then sprinkle with salt)
3. Cook Kale
(10-15 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF)
4. Eat Kale Chips
And since we have so many potatoes that are beginning to sprout, let's make potato chips, too!
1. Slice potatoes very thin with a mandoline.
(I recommend doing this slowly and carefully with dry hands so you don't slice your finger like I did!)
2. Soak potatoes in very cold water for 1/2 hour.
3. Dry potatoes.
4. Heat vegetable oil until it's very hot.
(I don't have a thermometer so I tested a few potato slices until the oil was hot enough.)
5. Cook potatoes in oil in small portions until they're golden brown.
6. Scoop potatoes from oil with a strainer and place on kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
7. Sprinkle with salt and eat!
These were so good that I was eating them practically straight out of the pan...and I wasn't even hungry. It took all my willpower to bag them and seal them up so everyone could enjoy them later.