Saturday 27 April 2013

4KCBWDAY6: A Tool to Covet


This blog post is part of the 4th annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week.


Introduction to the Topic:

Day Six (Saturday April 27th): A Tool To Covet
Write about your favourite knitting or crochet (or spinning, etc) tool. It can either be a tool directly involved in your craft (knitting needles or crochet hook) or something that makes your craft more pleasurable – be it a special lamp, or stitch markers. Is it an item that you would recommend to others, and if so for which applications/tasks do you think it is most suited. Conversely, do you have a tool/accessory that you regret buying? Why does it not work for you?

4KCBWDAY6

Hmmm...this is a hard one. I'm not that into gadgets and haven't explored enough to really have any absolute favorite crocheting tools. I still use the same hooks and scissors that I bought when I first started crocheting 8 years ago. I don't buy a ton of tools, so I don't have any that I regret buying. Think, think, think. There must be something. Okay. I've got it. Two favorites. The first is this eyeglass case that I found at a charity shop for about 50p. It's perfect for holding all the tools I need for a WIP: scissors, hook, needles, pen. It's also pretty and easy to grab and go.

4KCBWDAY6

The second is my needle holder. I have no idea when or where I got this, but it is the best because it holds all my needles. It also fits nicely in my eyeglass case and I never lose my needles!

4KCBWDAY6

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here, my first ever, inspired by yesterday's topic!





2 comments:

  1. That's a cute case that you use for your tools! I would've never guessed it's first life was an eyeglass case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one of those small darning needle holders. I am always losing darning needles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...