Sunday 5 February 2012

B Boy Hat

It snowed last night! I've been waiting for snow for weeks now. It's been cold enough, but didn't happen until last night. It's so brightening and beautiful. We bundled up and spent the morning building snowmen, tossing snowballs, following footprints, and making snow angels. Of course, after getting wet and cold outside, we had to warm up with some hot cocoa. Yum. Our neighbours hosted and had some amazing Aztec chocolate. Sweet, spicy, delicious. 


While we were sipping our cocoas, their little boy took a liking to my little boy's winter hat, which led his mom to mention that they needed to get him a new one. I immediately offered to make him one...seconds later realised I had no idea how. I do this occasionally...get in a bit over my head. However, it's a good challenge and gave me something to do (other than cleaning the house or folding laundry) during the kids' afternoon rest time. I hoped to find a tutorial on one of the great blogs that I follow and it didn't take long to find this one from Made by Rae


It was so easy to make and I finished it in one sitting, almost before my little boy woke up from his nap, which is a small miracle. I used some brown fleece left from CW's spider costume so I couldn't make it two-toned. I think it still turned out really cute!
   

I added the letter B on top and the ends of the ties to help distinguish it from my little boy's hat which is also brown, fleece, and ear-flapped with a pom pom on top. Hopefully, the boys' teachers will appreciate this! EV was my model because I wanted to get pics before I gave it away. I bribed her with chocolate. This hat is definitely a new favourite. I have some other fleece left from the ladybug,  dragonfly, and bee. This could just possibly be the perfect way to use it up!


3 comments:

  1. Awww, this is really cute! Looks cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this? I love it!! I'd love for you to share this at my very first linky party.
    Rachel
    http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-tuesdays-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will definitely keep him warm and it looks great, too!!! Love the 'B'!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...